The Minigames (ranked from worst to best)
1. Joy Ride – Especially with the Boy Tipping mission, the physics are slippery and the car behaves odd with the KB+M. The acceleration keeps going despite only pressing the W key once, so you had to brake often. It plays better with a Controller, but you will crash at certain parts and must reverse out resulting in losing a life from getting caught by the cops. The music is alright, however.
2. Whac-A-Rac – All you have to do is whack the raccoon and coyote plushies for points and avoid the chicken and egg plushies to not lose points, but hitting Freddy is a game-over. Works fine with both controls.
3. Barnyard Pool – It is self-explanatory. It follows the 15-ball rule in pool, except it is simplified with two colors. The pool table’s design is faithful to the movie, but it sucks playing pool on it. The physics in this is odd, especially when a ball falls into a pocket like a vacuum cleaner.
4. Chasing Chicks – You have to find chicks and send them back through certain targets to earn points, and you can squirt your opponents to distract from sending chicks back to the coop. The AI is easy to exploit, so it is not as fun as other minigames.
5. Milk Bar – If you ever played Root Beer Tapper, then you know how this game works. You fill up shakes, so the customer is happy enough to not reach you. If a glass breaks, then you lose a life and points. You only have five glasses before the game ends, so you have to be careful with managing everything this minigame throws at you.
6. Honey Collecting – You collect honey while trying to avoid the bees, if you collect enough honey then you could get the Royal Jelly, a rare food item in the game. It plays a lot on stealth, so it is a welcome change in gameplay.
7. Barnyard Darts – Very simple, you have to aim at your targets to get points and the faster you get them the more points you get as a bonus. Do not aim at your enemy’s targets or they will get the points.
8. Chicken Launch – This minigame is best played with a controller, but with KB+M it should take some practice since you control Peck like an airplane. Rise of the Valkyries plays throughout as you fly through rings to get boost, so you can reach the finish fast. There are bonus windows in the end to get some extra points. Don’t crash, however there are some funny cutscenes if you launch Peck too soft or too hard.
9. Mud Jumpers – You have to avoid the pipe by jumping over it or kicking it back to your opponents. The pipe increases its speed as it gets kicked more, so it gets more interesting as you try to eliminate the opponents.
10. Tease the Mailman/Mrs. Beady – A simple minigame in which you would do funny moves before the Mailman or Mr. Beady (since Mrs. Beady knows that you walk on two legs already) looks back at you. You must be on all fours, or else they will freak out and you fail the minigame.
11. Bike Race – This was more tolerable compared to Joy Ride, and there are some shortcuts you can take to get ahead. The music is great with this, and I enjoyed myself more racing on a bike than in a vehicle. The AI in this is fair compared to other minigames.
12. The Defender Minigames – There are plenty since they play similar to each other. Use your sunglasses to defend the veggie patch or the chicken coop from raccoons, coyotes, or even nightmare versions of Freddy. If they get an egg, then you have to squirt them and return the egg back to the coop ala Chasing Chicks. With the veggie patch, you will have raccoons that would shoot tomatoes at you, so you have to spray them before they shoot you. The coyotes can attack you, so spray them before they get you.
13. Cow Tipping/Final Boss – This was enjoyable to play. You have a tomato launcher to launch tomatoes at intruders that are trying to tip the cows over. The gophers give you power-ups to help you throughout the minigame. The occasional coyote spawns, but you can terminate them for extra points. The final mission in the game plays similar except you have Wild Mike as a power-up, and you have shoot Daz before he throws barrels at you while defending the chickens against the coyotes.
14. Sharp Squirter – Another favorite of mine since there is skill involved. All you have to do is squirt the cans before the timer runs out. It is simple, but the skill comes from how you chain the cans together since the milk physics were good. It gets more fun as the difficulty gets ramped up. Also, a rendition of Bad to the Bone plays while you complete the minigame.
15. Gopher Golf – This has to be the best minigame, the developers used this five times throughout the main story, in the entire game. It might be long, but it is fun to just clear the holes while listening to the music in the background. The timed version is easy to let you get the hang of how some of the holes work. Hole-in-Ones give you extra lives, so some of the holes are possible to clear in one “stroke”. The precision version is more difficult, but it is enough to give the player a fair challenge.
If score high enough on some of these minigames, you get a “Star” rating. If you get enough of them, then you will become the Barnyard Champion. It is a nice bonus for those that put in the effort to get high scores.
Edited last time by nandandor on 08/03/2020 (Mon) 21:00:50.